Try our Mexican Wedding Cookies Recipe now or forever hold your peace. These tasty treats use just five ingredients and need only 20 minutes of prep time. Say ‘I do’ to this Mexican Wedding Cookies Recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
- Chill dough if it seems too soft.
- Form dough into 1 1/4″ balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; while cookies are still warm (but NOT hot) remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Cookies may (optionally) be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
- NOTE: Forming dough into 1″ balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.
OPEN NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING…