- 1 box red velvet cake mix, prepared according to box directions
- 16 ounces soft cream cheese
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ c. sour cream
- 1 T. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 T. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Red Velvet cake layer:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease one springform 9″ pan and two 9″ round cake pans.
- Pour prepared cake batter into 2 round pans and bake according to box directions.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Pour in springform pan and bake approx 40 mins until center still jiggles.
- Cool and then freeze this layer and the red velvet layers.
- Whip all until soft peaks form
- Lay the cheesecake on a platter and spread with a thin layer of cream to help the two stick.
- Place red velvet on top.
- Frost and use the extra layer cake to make crumbs for decoration. Can use the extra of that layer to make cake pops, if you’d like!