I can’t just serve hamburgers and hot dogs though. I have to have something else to serve. Usually we go with a few pasta salads and a potato of some kind, just for a variation and to make sure that everyone gets filled up. Last year, I decided that I would try my Mom’s cucumber salad recipe.
Her’s was always good, but when I was going to make it, I couldn’t remember what exactly went in to it. She was out of town on a conference for work, so I couldn’t get in touch with her. It was by pure luck that I found this recipe on Spend With Pennies, and boy am I glad that I did!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Toss well to mix.
- 3. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.