Skinny Tex-Mex! I don’t think I’ve met someone who hasn’t liked these. Crunchy, tasty and so easy to make.
Serves: 10 • Prep Time: 25 minutes • Cook Time: 5 hours Nutrition per Serving Cal: 335.8 • Fat: 8.1g • Carb: 32.3g • Protein: 32.4g • Fiber: 8g • Sugar: 3.4g Ingredients Chicken
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 lbs. chicken breasts cut in half, about 4 chicken breasts
- 1 – 15oz. Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Chiles
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tsp canola oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 cans of fat free refried beans
- 3 cups romaine, shredded
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp canola oil. When hot, add onions, oregano, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes and saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Place chicken breasts, Rotel, bay leaves, salt, cilantro, stock, cornstarch and onion mixture into a crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub canola oil on tortillas and place on baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, flip and bake for another 12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Top tostados with refried beans, shredded chicken, romaine, avocado and pico de gallo.